Thursday, March 27, 2008

A matter of minutes

I had a new experience in motherhood today...so I gave Raja a bath (usually Dave gives him a bath and you can hear squeals and laughter from both of them, but he had a meeting tonight) and when I was drying him off he was squirming so much that I thought I'd just let him play in front the mirror in his room, while I rounded up his diaper and pjs and cleaned up the toys. Well, of course in that minute he peed. No big deal, it's happened before. You'd think I would put a diaper on him at this point, right? I even thought about it, but figured I was safe since he'd just peed and I can't remember the last time he pooped in the evening...bluntly, he's a daytime pooper. So I left the room to grab a rag and lysol wipe to clean it up, and when I come back I find a pretty substantial pile of poop and as I'm walking in, I watch as he proceeds to step in it. So, I'm trying to get him to stay still, so I can clean off the poop on his foot, while not stepping in the pee or the poop that is on his bedroom floor. I clean off his foot and move him to another area and then start cleaning up the messes. I know, I know, hindsight is 20-20...I should have put a diaper on him. But I didn't and turned around to find that he had pooped again, this time half on the ground and half on our backpack carrier, and again, a substantial amount. All this in a matter of minutes.

4 comments:

Molly W. said...

Oh Ram, I'm so sorry!! Ahh, the joys of motherhood eh? At least he's super cute, I find that helps. :) love you.

Kellyry said...

Oooo, yuk! And hilarious, if I'm honest. :-)

Abby... the Oregonian said...

rama, the stories of poop i have... welcome to the poop on the carpet, floor, crib, wall, etc... club. miss you, a

DeniseMarie said...

Oh, Rama, the laughter that resulted from reading this post made my afternoon! I'm so sorry for your unfortunate experience, but thank you for sharing.

PS: Did you get my thank you email for sponsoring me in the MS Walk? That was so thoughtful, so thanks again!