On garbage day Raja runs to the front door when he hears the garbage truck coming. This happens three times a day because a different truck picks up each different trash bin (green waste, recyclables, and trash). He then stands in the driveway watching and waving at the truck as it goes around the entire cul-de-sac. The truck drivers know him and always honk their horns for him. And twice he's been invited to sit in the driver seat of the truck. He thoroughly enjoys it. He loves trucks and cars -- real ones and toy ones. Appropriately enough, his first consistent word has been truck. Second word: car. He's been saying Amma for awhile, but uses it for me and food interchangeably. Here's a picture of the little man waving away.

Moving creatures, especially dogs flies, and now lizards, are also something that Raja really likes. At the beginning of August, we opened the back door and a little lizard ran into the house. Raja saw it, got excited, and chased it. Then he laid down on his stomach and caught it!!! Pretty impressive because those lizards are seriously fast. He got up and held it out to me (with an expression that I can imagine in the future will be combined with the phrase "Look Amma, look what I found! Can I keep him?"). I told him to take it outside. Well, in his excitement, he dropped it, chased it, and caught it again! I went to the backyard so he would follow me out there to release it. I had to run and get my camera. You can see the lizard in his hands in the picture.

Raja loves frozen mixed vegetables. He eats most everything, but when there are mixed vegetables in sight, that's what eats first. Here's him climbing onto a chair to get to some that I put on a plate to cool.
1 comment:
That is so cute, waving to the trucks! The lizards on the other hand....:)
Post a Comment