
He was giggling and having a blast in the mud puddle under the orange tree. I took off his clothes and shoes and he continued happily jumping in the mud. Then he looked at me, pointed at my shoes and signed "please." So I asked him if he wanted me to take off my shoes and walk in the mud, too. I had guessed right, the answer was a happy yes. And he was even more giggly when he saw me walking in the mud puddle. This little boy sure does pick the right moments to make me laugh so that I don't take life too seriously. It reminded me that I meant to do a post about what a girl I am. I've never considered myself a girly girl, but on a trip to the Arboretum with Raja in early October, I thought he might be trying to prove to me that I am! There is a creek at the Arboretum that Raja loves to walk in. We had been a number of times and I was prepared with his swim trunks and water shoes...on previous trips I had taken a lot of other supplies, but never used any of them. So this day I'm describing I decided to take very little because we didn't have very long to be there. Bad decision. Raja was walking in the creek, found mud, loved it, kept walking further and further in until he was up to the middle of his chest. He was still in good humor, but was clear that he couldn't get out. So I pulled him out trying to not get too muddy myself. Of course, it wasn't that easy...his shoes were no longer on him. So, I fished them out....most of my arm was in the mud and it was seriously slimy. Thought I found a shoe, pulled it up and it was a big wad of gross-ness. And Raja is climbing all over me as I'm laying on the ground trying to retrieve the shoes. Needless to say, the couple of wipes we had were not sufficient to clean us up that day. We've been back to the Arboretum, but not to the creek. I'll wait until we go with Dave :)
3 comments:
I am definitely not a girly-girl... but I can guarantee you that mud is plain gross. I can't even stand having mud to my toes. Obviously, Raja doesn't have any tactile issues. You could try pudding painting (with water) or shaving cream painting while he sits in his high chair. If he is out of the high chair, put a picnic tablecloth on the table and let have at it. Raja would have a blast getting messy and then you won't have to fish anything out of mud. LOL
You're an amazing mom Ram. Miss you!! Thanks for posting. :)
Ewww, gross mud. I'd have had the same reaction as you. Love Raj's sweet muddy face!
Post a Comment