Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mega-bummer.

I have some catch up blogging to do about the weekend...

I got a migraine. It's been a couple of years since I've had one, so I was used to not having them anymore. I have the classic type...first a visual aura where my vision is blocked by large fiercely bright lights in various shapes and then a massive throbbing on one side of my head. I used to get them very frequently (during my sophomore year of college it was every third day) and went to neurologists and dietitians and kept headache journals and food journals, all of which came out as inconclusive as to the cause of them. I am on prescription medication for them, but can't take it right now while breastfeeding. So, I tried to remain calm and Motrin and sleep in a dark room was all I could do for much of the day on Saturday. Thankfully Dave was home to take care of Raja. Now I'm back to trying not to stress about what I ate, what I didn't eat, what I did, or what I didn't do....Mega bummer.

1 comment:

Kellyry said...

I've never battled migraines but I can imagine that having one is so incapacitating and completely interrupts your life. NOT fun. Sad to hear they are so frequent for you. :-(